As we focus on living a well done life this last quarter of 2017, I realized how we see ourselves often impacts our choices. The quote “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment” came to mind as I was interviewing 2 guests for this month’s podcast.
During our interview, Patricia Patterson, my first guest on the topic of self esteem, mentioned this idea of a “self esteem DNA”. She explains what she means by that in this episode of the StrongHer podcast. I would love to hear your thoughts over on the blog or leave a comment on the post for this podcast episode on Instagram at @strongherme.
Patricia (P.A.) Patterson is an ordained and licensed minister. She is the co-founder (along with her husband, Bill) of Saturation Saturday Ministries with God’s vision to inspirationally and dynamically teach the Word of God in tandem with the move of the Holy Spirit.
In this episode:
- How years of emotional abuse and bullying influenced her choices and decisions as a young woman
- A simple strategy she learned from counseling for shifting how she viewed herself, her past and her future
- How to let go of the need to perform for the approval of others, in order to be happy with your life
- How following God’s leadership when it looks nothing like we would expect leads to a brighter self esteem DNA
- The power of meditating on scripture to uncover your true identity
Emotionally Healthy Woman by Geri Scazzero
Memorialize your victories! – Patricia Patterson
What is your self esteem DNA? It will point you to your identity in Christ, which will then point you to living out your purpose. -Patricia Patterson
Believe God when He tells you who you are. -Kendra Tillman
If you live your life for what other people think, you will live a miserable life. -Kendra Tillman
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a short review. Connect with Kendra personally @kendratillman OR @strongherme on Instagram. Ask a question on the podcast episode at strongher.me/blog or by emailing email@example.com.
I AM Statements Download
Enter your email below for your free download!