We made it through week 1! I’m proud to still be going strong. It’s week 2, Day 1 of the #make1change challenge.
As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, Live Your Values, there is no finish line in healthy living. To help with the anxiety I feel from past failed attempts at reaching my goals, I identified some milestones and rewards that energize me just thinking about them.
I took my time defining my milestones and the corresponding rewards. I had fun with this! Just writing these down was motivating. I decided I wanted to do non-food rewards. I intentionally tied a couple of my milestones to rewards that benefit other people and allow me to celebrate my success with someone else. I also built in time for setbacks and off days. My 20 lb goal corresponds to the week of my youngest sister’s wedding. This is a great incentive to keep moving forward.
My primary weight loss goal is simple. Focus on losing at least 1 lb a week for the next 20-22 weeks.
My eating plan will be the 5 simple rules I mentioned in Friday’s post: Keep It Simple. I’ll be tracking my food choices via Weight Watchers points program on my phone. I will be strength training 3 days a week and running 2-3 days a week.
Milestone – Reward
(1) 4 weeks of consistent food tracking – mani/pedi
(2) 5lbs down – “out of the box” date night w/ my hubby
(3) 6 weeks of consistent food tracking – mani/pedi
(4) Down 5% of starting weight – new workout clothes
(5) 8 weeks of consistent food tracking – mani/pedi
(6) Halfway to goal (11-12lbs down) – new running shoes and make up
(7) Down 10% of starting weight – lingerie shopping w/ my hubby 🙂
(8) 20lbs down – mini-makeover weekend: hair, nails, waxing, outfit (shopping w/ *Malissa)
(9) Goal weight – new designer purse, outfit (shopping w/ *Malissa) and new headshots
*Malissa is one of my good friends who happens to be a gifted stylist. Check her out at BYE: Best You Ever.
My next step is to find a creative way to get my list off this blog post and into my real life. I’m glad I have them written down. Now, I want to keep them front and center as a daily reminder of where I’m headed. I’ll share a picture on Instagram, @kendratillman, when I do.
Have you identified any milestones for yourself for the #make1change challenge? Think up some fun ways to reward yourself. Leave a comment with 1 or 2 milestones you will use to gauge your progress. How will you reward yourself when you reach those milestones.
Destined to win,