“A man’s heart plans his way, but the lord directs his steps.” Proverbs 16:9
I have a very special guest for this week’s episode – my sister, Khalilah Elliott. Khalilah is one of the most bold and unapologetic people I know. She lives her life with courage and that’s one of the many things I love about her. Like all of us, she’s experienced many ups and downs on her path to purpose. I couldn’t think of a better person to talk to about this topic than her. This episode will encourage and inspire you to live your life with gratitude, joy and excitement, even when your path looks different than expected.
Khalilah Elliott is the Executive Producer and Chief Creative Officer for Kay’s Food for Thought (@kaysfoodforthought) – a lifestyle brand that promotes health and wellness for the mind, body and soul. An engaging public speaker and brand strategist she also recently joined Broadway’s Disney Theatrical Productions as Marketing Director after five years in the same role at the world-famous Apollo Theater in New York City.
In this episode:
- The benefit of embracing the way God wired you
- How to shorten the seasons between learning and forgetting
- Why it’s not a selfish desire to seek out your purpose
- How to increase your capacity on your path to purpose
- What to do when the path God has you on doesn’t look like what you expected
Our conversation went for over an hour. Instead of making it 2 episodes, I’m providing the remainder of our conversation as Bonus content.
The Bonus Audio includes her response to these questions:
- Most memorable embarrassing moment from teen years
- One thing you would tell your 15 year old self in 1 min or less
- Best book you’ve read or movie you’ve seen in the last 6 months
- Your favorite TV moment
- What’s the next big adventure on your life bucket list?
Subscribe below to Download the Bonus Audio and for periodic email updates:
Connect with Khalilah online:
New podcasts episodes available on Thursdays. If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a short review. Connect with Kendra personally @kendratillman OR @strongherevent on Instagram. Ask a question on the podcast episode at strongher.me/blog or by emailing email@example.com.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download